Symbols and Explanation
- Black is a symbol of despair, the opposite of brightness.
- A horse is a vehicle that brings the situation.
- A rider is an agent of control and steering into whichever direction he commands the horse to visit
- The balance stands for weighing and thus judgment upon each land and community and church and board room that the horse comes to weigh the deeds. A scale weighs commodities.
- A measure of wheat for a penny speaks to the scarcity of food, thus suggesting famine and ration. In 2019, it is also interpreted to mean the fake food is replacing real heirloom seeds with GM genetically modified chemically enhanced varieties of the crops. GM foods are not digested in the human digestive system as heirloom crops. It is known that gluten scars the brain and causes neurological disorders among children.
- Three measure of barley for a penny is inflation. This describes “a time of famine when life will be reduced to the barest necessities.” (Walvoord)
- Yet, the nicer things will be available for those who can afford them. There will still be the oil and the wine that should not be harmed. (Guzik)
- Also, the kedoshim of the Lord, those set apart by His choice and with their willing obedience, shall still be feeding on the oil that is the anointing that comes from the Holy Spirit. And the wine is among the two elements at the Lord’s table where true fellowship of the kedoshim may still meet to praise and learn together during the tribulation.
An additional word is to be said about the oil and the wine symbolism. It casts a light on two parallel planes, the physical world and the spiritual world.
From David Guzik, ” the nicer things will be available for those who can afford them”. Physically, it speaks to the elite in the end times. There is now elite outside of the Church and elite inside the Church. Both groups serve the same baal, the devil. Kenneth Copeland and Steven Furtick each has a net worth of $56 million and $50 million. Joel Osteen has a net worth also of $50 million living his “best life now”. These are the wolves in sheep’s clothing. And the believer communities have been warned by Eashoa. Those that do not know Him or know Him by name and not listen to Him, follow the wolves.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
So while the wolves fleece the sheep, יהוה takes notes. He shall exercise judgement at the appointed time upon them.
Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
3Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
They made themselves into the oil and the wine in the physical world with material wealth while starving the flock of true spiritual food that comes from the Word.
The command to the Rider to spare the material oil and the wine is to preserve evidence for judgment.
On the other hand, those who live in love for one another are not weighted down with the love and pursuit for material wealth. 1 Timotiyos 6.
7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
For those of us, the spiritual oil and the wine will be preserved for our sustenance all the way until the Moshiach comes to receive us unto Himself.