In this episode we are reminded when we want to ask for goodies from the Father let’s talk first worship proper.
How about bringing along worship first? He is, after all, God. He is not the jinn or genie from Iz-lam.
In this presentation today we see a stark difference between the behavior of fake prophets (within Jehoram’s Israel) and the standup prophet Elisha. The fake prophets mumble prophecies by themselves. Rather. Elisha will only speak after the whole company would render worship and praise set to music to God. “Bring me a harpist!”
THE ONLY THREE KINGS IN THE BIBLE ARE NOT ON A SEASONAL GREETING CARD
Setting the scene
Northern Israel- King Jeho-ram (YH is exalted)
Southern Israel or Judah- King Jeho-shaphat (YH has judged)
Moab- King Mesha
After Akhab Most Evil King
The son of Akhab and Jezebel ascended to rule Samaria.
5But after the death of Akhab, the king of Moab rebelled against the king of Israel. 6So at that time King Jehoram set out from Samaria and mobilized all Israel.
– the king of Israel Jehoram campaigned in his country. Guy can talk up a game. The Bible says he is slightly better than the most evil king in Israel. He took down the idol shrines but he hides them in his heart. That explains later why Jehoram does not “feel” God. He only knows He exists. Hear hear, Church.
– 1 Kings 21:25 But there was none like Akhab, who did sell himself to do that which was evil in the sight of Yahweh, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up
Jehoram United North To South
7And he sent a message to Jehoshaphat king of Judah: “The king of Moab has rebelled against me. Will you go with me to fight against Moab?”
– Jehoram understands that the Temple is in Jerusalem. He wants what he does not have. So he forms an alliance with a good king. See how amicable Jehoshaphat is? Many people today go to good Christians today to gain their trust not telling them they are to be abused.
– Jehoram remembers his dad Akhab. That time he abused Jehoshaphat it seemed to work.
– 1 Kings 22:5 Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel (Akhab), Please inquire first for the word of Yahweh.
– Jehoshaphat can tell a true prophet from fake prophets. Hear hear.
– Akhab then put on a show calling 400 false prophets to mumble jumble.
(To the son of Akhab, Jehoram, Jehoshaphat gave his alliance.)
“I will go,” replied Jehoshaphat. “I am like you, my people are your people, and my horses are your horses.” 8Then he asked, “Which way shall we go up?”
“By way of the Desert of Edom,” replied Joram.
9So the king of Israel, the king of Judah, and the king of Edom set out, and after they had traveled a roundabout route for seven days, they had no water for their army or for their animals.
Jehoram Of Israel Second Guessed God
10“Alas,” said the king of Israel, “for the LORD has summoned these three kings to deliver them into the hand of Moab!”
11But Jehoshaphat asked, “Is there no prophet of the LORD here? Let us inquire of the LORD through him.”
And one of the servants of the king of Israel answered, “Elisha son of Shaphat is here. He used to pour water on the hands of Elijah.”
12Jehoshaphat affirmed, “The word of the LORD is with him.”
– the Word of YH is with Elisha. As also He is with me, a gift the most precious gift given me by Father. He is my portion in this life.
– Jehoshaphat honors YH. He has the clarity to identify a true prophet in Elisha, ill tempered as the man is.
So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him.
Hot Temper But He Made A Point – Worship Comes First
13Elisha, however, said to the king of Israel, “What have we to do with each other? Go to the prophets of your father and of your mother!”
– Elisha knows where the House of Akhab came from as well as his kid. He means the mumbling fake prophets of Israel.
“No,” replied the king of Israel, “for it is the LORD who has summoned these three kings to deliver them into the hand of Moab.”
14Then Elisha said, “As surely as the LORD of Hosts lives, before whom I stand, were it not for my regard for the presence of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, I would not look at you or acknowledge you.
– Open shade for Jehoram.
– Elisha fears only God, King over all. Exodus 15:11 Who is like you, Yahweh, among the gods? Who is like you, glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises, doing wonders?
15But now, bring me a harpist.”
– It is not a suggestion.
Help Comes To One Who Worships Properly
And while the harpist played, the hand of the LORD came upon Elisha 16 and he said,
– the Hand of God is speaking. He is my Deliverer – Y’shua. He always speaks what He hears from Father and communicates in my language. As He came in Matthew to The Acts.
John 12:49 For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak.”
Elisha listened and obeyed the Hand of God.
Mishpocha do you believe these two verses? True believers do.
The Gospel contains commandments! When we say we “believe Jesus”, then obey the red letters in the Gospel. Apeitheo In Greek is sometimes underwhelmingly translated to believe but it means obey.
Believe in Me.