But the one who endures to the end will be saved. – Matthew 24| 13
Endure the last days Judaizers. Define a Judaizer: a quasi-religious person who knows a dozen Bible verses that says one has to keep the laws to be saved.
Messianics are pure followers of God. We are not “messianice Judaism”. Judaism is dead. I have been teaching through the Book of Ezekiel for the past 10 months. Believe me, Judaism in all flavors is long gone. The Messiah has already appeared.
We are messianics period. The Messiah is Jesus of Nazareth. He came, He died, He was raised from the dead. He is coming again to fulfill the rest of the prophecies. He will reign on earth for 1,000 years as king of kings. Amein.
Abram of Genesis was saved by his belief in the existence of the Most High God that spoke to him way before he had Ishmael and Isaac. In Hebrews 11, Abraham was given this entry.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and set out for a place that he was going to receive as an inheritance. He went out, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he stayed as a foreigner in the land of promise, living in tents as did Isaac and Jacob, coheirs of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
The Judaizers Lens
Paul did not have this opportunity to explain the difference between messianic (lower case) believers and Hebrew Roots Movement (upper case). I will try, from the vault of my observation in the last 5 years round ab the time I noticed the HRM reared their ugly heads. Many people who are not familiar with boundaries based upon the way they are being fed cannot verbalize what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is to the person sitting next to them on the bus. On that note, we are not expecting the same person to explain what a messianic believer is either. A Christian is not a religious person that “goes to church” in the body but leaves the mind elsewhere.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHRISTIAN
I have been ministering for 20 years, combining lay and ordained periods of ministry. I have collected a lot of real cases from people who identify themselves as Christians. Time is a judge on its own. Time tells a story of people. Our legacy is our testimony.
A Christian is someone who is called by the Father to His Son, and he /she stays in Christ with a downpayment within him/her that is the Holy Spirit. The local congregation and the pastor are for reference only. The spiritual life of the Christian is not filled with activities and talking about themselves, but rather, filled with love for God and people, prayers to God in His will, helping other regardless of their creed, obey the Savior and is fearlessly facing all the obstacles of life. The Holy Spirit is helping Christians get growth and sanctification as a person summoned to God for His use. I am blessed to know a few. A Christian has a relationship with Jesus. I also know a lot of religious people in many flavors. They need Jesus. God will welcome them to come into the Kingdom through the only Way.
1. A messianic believer is not one that goes out to proselytize a Christian to become a messianic. We are building on the foundation that is Christ (1 Corinthians 3). A Christian should stay a Christian to the end of his/her life as called by God. A messianic is like Paul of Tarsus in Acts. Our brand is ancient. The messianics have been helping the Gentiles since 30 AD. The messianics help the Christian to run the race and finish the race, true to their calling. Examples are Peter, John, James and Paul all whom that wrote letters to encourage and educate the apostolic Church in the New Covenant.
There were no messianics in the Old Testament. The messiah of Israel was only revealed in circa 28 AD by John the Immerser when he was given to see the heavens open, the Spirit came down to anoint Jesus, confirmed by the utterances of the Father.
TARGETED AND CALLED TO GOD’S QAHAL
We, the messianics, are the children of those millions of the Bnei Yisrael, children of Yisrael, AKA Jacob and Israel, that were wandering for 40 years on Sinai. Our fathers were the original targeted audience of the Laws of God apart from the Mosaic Covenant. Now not all Jews are messianic Jews. When a genetic Jew turns to Christ as the messiah in all of the prophecies spoken of in the Old Testament, he/she becomes a messianic Jew. We are the twelve tribes of Israel. A gentile is not from the 12 tribes of Israel by default. Now, genealogy is not the gateway to salvation. But the Israelite genealogy is a gateway to a richer relationship due to history in the Torah, and a responsibility that God gave which never went away. The One who wrote that will that carries an inheritance must die so that the will become legally effective. Christ died so that an inheritance can be distributed. Our God is that Christ. We are His children. We become co-heirs with Christ for receiving Him for who He says He is.
10 He was in the world, and the world was created through him, and yet the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, he gave them the right to be[e] children of God, to those who believe in his name, 13 who were born, not of natural descent,[f] or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man,[g] but of God.
The prefix of deutero– means “second” or “secondary”. The Book of Deuteronomy was given in the 40th year of the wanderings on Sinai (Deuteronomy 1| 3, the 40th year). This book was lost in the days of the House of David until Hilkiah the high priest found it for King Josiah of Judah toward the end of the kingdom of Judah.
2 Kings 22:8 [ The Book of the Law Found ] The high priest Hilkiah told the court secretary Shaphan, “I have found the book of the law in the Lord’s temple,” and he gave the book to Shaphan, who read it.
From generation to generation, the 12 tribes of Israel have the responsibility to educate their own children the faith of YHVH Almighty from what they were given to see, to impart to the next generation. If one generation forgot the command, it is on them. The messianics today have the same responsibility to tell our children about the Messiah, Jesus has come to gather the lost sheep of Israel.
Israel in the most part has been disobedient. But God is gracious toward Israel. In Ezekiel 36, He made a promise to the far future of the 6th century BC.
Ezekiel 36 the Word of God spoke to Ezekiel,
24 “‘For I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25 I will also sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone[f] and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will place my Spirit within you and cause you to follow my statutes and carefully observe my ordinances. 28 You will live in the land that I gave your fathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will summon the grain and make it plentiful, and I will not bring famine on you.
The Almighty will take the children of Israel from the nations and gather us from all the countries, according to His Word above. And He will make us clean by the blood of the Lamb that is the Savior at Calvary. As we are cleaned from our father’s idols, we shall be pure to God and will follow Him only. The prophecy was given as early as 1,313 BC.
9 “Only be on your guard and diligently watch yourselves, so that you don’t forget the things your eyes have seen and so that they don’t slip from your mind[b] as long as you live. Teach them to your children and your grandchildren. 10 The day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, the Lord said to me, ‘Assemble the people before me, and I will let them hear my words, so that they may learn to fear me all the days they live on the earth and may instruct their children.’
2. The messianics were the first members of the New Covenant before a gentile person became the Way, the early moniker given to the followers of Jesus. All Twelve of Christ’s disciples were from the tribes of Israel. There is a foundation in the New Heaven for each name of the Twelve for the four walls.
Revelation 21 13 On the east were three gates; and on the north three gates; and on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them twelve names of the twelve Apostles of the Lamb.
None of the apostles said they were “Christians”. All of them were looking for the Messiah of Israel, and they found Him in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. They followed Him because they all believed with their whole hearts that He was the one prophesied by Moses in Deuteronomy 18.
17 Yahweh said to me, “They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brothers, like you. I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I shall command him. 19 It shall happen, that whoever will not listen to my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
They were commanded by Him to go to all the nations, make disciples of all nations after the things that He commanded them to do and to teach the nations
Matthew 28 | 19 – 20 Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Rejection Is Idolatry In The Heart
Many heart-hardened Jews in front of Pilate rejected Jesus. Stephen said they were following the star of Remphan. In truth, Babylonia followed Marduk, Ishtar and Tammuz, the Sumerians followed the five-pointed star and people today still love Christmas (Saturnalia, AKA Remphan).
Acts 7:43 You took up the tabernacle of Moloch, the star of your god Rephan, the figures which you made to worship. I will carry you away beyond Babylon.’
Many Jews down the centuries followed suit. But Paul pointed it out in Romans 11 that one day the tide will turn back to the times of the messianics when God grafts the cultivated branch back to the stock of the Olive Tree, while the nations will reach their fullness (quota). That day happened in overlap since 1948. Many Jews have turned to Christ as Messiah and are increasing gaining momentum.
Just this week, one of the disciples of Christ that I have been discipling in the Word for over 6 years, got the DNA results from their sibling, who was foolish enough to send in his specimen. Confirmation, (…)% “Jewish” the report states. The sibling is my friend but they have not believed, sadly, in the Gospel. Many people go about their lives not knowing that one of their 24,000 genes came from Jacob. Thanks to the digital technology today in DNA analysis, many find out that they have been mingled and mixed in with the host nations (times of the Gentiles) as a member of the scattering. In the last days, the House of Israel is being re-grouped into battle formation to take on the adversary and his heir. Our fervency is on par with Joshua’s boldness. This is warfare. You snooze you lose.
GATHERED OUT OF THE DIASPORA
27 The Lord will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be reduced to a few survivors[c] among the nations where the Lord your God will drive you. 28 There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see, hear, eat, or smell. 29 But from there, you will search for the Lord your God, and you will find him when you seek him with all your heart and all your soul. 30 When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, in the future you will return to the Lord your God and obey him. 31 He will not leave you, destroy you, or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them by oath, because the Lord your God is a compassionate God.
My God is a compassionate God. His Son came in the flesh and called me to follow Him. He came for the lost sheep of Israel. As promised, we search for the Lord our God and He promised that we shall find Him, when we seek Him with all our hearts and all our souls.
3. I don’t know what the “messianic movement” is. I won’t attempt to explain it. I am not a part of it. I attended a couple of messianic congregations. The quality is sketchy. I am a messianic not because of what I do, but because of who God says I am. My identity is based on two things. I am descended from the scattered seeds of Israel, a man who has turned to Jesus of the Gospel (Matthew to John) over 30 years ago for my Savior and my Lord. Since I was born anew, I lived with a new purpose unwaveringly. There were some downs but I always got pulled back and never “ate with the pigs”. This is so God, all glory to Him. It was in 2011 that I changed direction in my walk with Christ, departing from the Christian churches, that got me sick with their pagan feasts and shallow material, to seek the background of every book in the Bible. As someone who had worked in the leadership, I could write a book that will shock many. The shock will not come from the behavior but from the lack of conviction and repentance to God. I did not “join” the messianic “movement” for I did not know there was one going in 2011. I only fulfilled the promise given by God. I sought the Lord and He showed me in the Scripture and by the Spirit that I am one of millions from what He said in Deuteronomy 4. Each of us must live by the faith that is shown us by God. I call it integrity. Don’t follow a man. We have the Christ. Call no one on earth your father for you have One Father, who is in heaven.
4. Use Paul of the New Testament as a litmus test. Messianics support one another. Hebrew Roots people decimate Paul. They loosely believe in the New Testament. They will tell you that they are not in the New Covenant. They sow a lie that says the “new covenant” is a “renewed covenant”. In saying so, it is like they are onto a Mosaic 2.0 covenant that is dead. There is no temple for them. In reality, the HRM is not covenanted with YHVH. They are lost by what they put their faith into.
Paul said, Romans 11:1
I say then, Has God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Benjamin, according to biblical tradition, one of the 12 tribes that constituted the people of Israel, and one of the two tribes (along with Judah) that later became the Jewish people. The tribe was named after the younger of two children born to Jacob (also called Israel) and his second wife, Rachel.Messianics are carrying on the work of Paul. We use his letters and the truths that he scribed from the Holy Spirit to reach the lost and to build up the Body of Christ.
5. Messianics are saved by grace, not by works, not by following the Mosaic covenant. We follow the commands of our Messiah. In John 21, in the farewell dialog between the Lord and Peter,
Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love me more than these?”
He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I have affection for you.”
He said to him, “Feed my lambs.”
Also at the Seder of Passover, Jesus says to his Eleven,
15 If you love me, keep my commandments. 16 I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, [a] that he may be with you forever: 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world can’t receive; for it doesn’t see him and doesn’t know him. You know him, for he lives with you, and will be in you.
Here is the big difference. We, messianic, believe in the word of Christ that said,
MATTHEW 5 CHRIST FULFILLS THE LAW
17 “Don’t think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or one stroke of a letter will pass away from the law until all things are accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commands and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever does and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Not only did Christ fulfill the Torah and the Prophets (4 major from Isaiah to Daniel, and 12 minor), He says all of the laws and prophecies will also be accomplished. In the next verse, He speaks about the consequence of breaking a command and the consequence of those who teach other to break a command. For commands, open a bible that prints all of the words of Christ in red letters.
6. Messianics do not “observe” the Laws for gaining salvation. That is work. We are already saved by our faith in Christ. We are cleaned by our faith and confession of Christ. But it is our pleasure and our choice to emulate Christ in the way that He interpreted the Laws in spirit. We do so to honor Him and tell Father: We love your Way.
7. Hebrew Roots pitch a lot of the Old Testament laws by the letter and not by the spirit. If you are anointed by the Holy Spirit, you will find the Hebrew Roots material to be devoid of the fire of love and truth that comes only from the anointing of the Holy Spirit that inspired all the Scripture. Being knowledgeable alone can only fool a few. Without love, there is nothing.
If I speak human or angelic tongues[a] but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
How shall the world know one is a disciple of Christ’s?
34 “I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
This should give enough pointers to tell apart those that try to creep in and take advantage of the Aliyah.
Shalom lekulam. May God be praised and all men lift up the son of man (Gaal Ha Dahm).
Isaiah 63| 16
Ga’aleinu haDahm min ha’olam
(Our Redeemer from everlasting)
is coming back!
Correction from ” Now all Jews are messianic Jews. ” to ” Now not* all Jews are messianic Jews”.